When it starts affecting your lawn, insect damage can cause a great number of problems, usually translating into higher maintenance costs, and a lot of time and stress associated with taking care of the issue. The good news is there are a great number of methods you can use to effectively and permanently get rid of insect infestations:
• You can start by using a mix of ingredients to brew natural insecticide. Dissolve some liquid detergent and vegetable oil in a cup of water, and stir the ingredients together. You can then spray the mixture onto your lawn to use it as an effective insecticide.
• To control leatherjackets – the larvae of crane flies – which can cause a great deal of damage to your lawn, all you have to do is cover the lawn with a plastic sheet to bring the larvae out into the open, then simply let nature take its course, allowing the birds to feed on them.
• Buy organic pesticide that is based on "bacillus thuringiensis." This type of pesticide can kill most bugs, but it’s also harmless to pets and humans.
• Avoid chemical insecticides unless you’ve tried all natural methods and failed. Even then, it is essential to take precaution when using chemical-based substances on your lawn, especially if you have pets or small children that might play on the lawn and end up touching affected areas.
Following these simple steps you can actually see the number of pests on your lawn diminish to a great extent. In some cases, however, the ideal solution is to call in an expert to take care of the problem for you.
For more ideas on how to maintain a great looking lawn visit https://www.revive.comArticle source here: How to Protect Your Lawn from Troublesome Insects Most Effectively
via Blogger How to Protect Your Lawn from Troublesome Insects Most Effectively
11/29/2017 0 Comments
Many areas in the United States are at a high risk of facing severe drought during the summer. If you just moved to California, Texas or South Carolina, the likelihood that you might experience drought in the next few years can be quite high. As a result, many experts are urging homeowners to consider saving water through the use of less conventional, drought-resistant landscaping ideas. Here are a few of the best you can use:
• A simple solution for minimizing water waste is to plant larger, tropical or subtropical plants, place your bed in an area surrounded by walkways and pavement, and avoid planting as much green grass.
• If you don’t necessarily plan on using green blanket lawn grasses, you can opt for a far more drought-resistant solution through the use of low-water, ornamental grasses such as Blue Fescue, Purple Fountaingrass or Blue Oatgrass.
• Small sculptures, ground covers, stylish paved areas and the addition of more stone elements or wooden arches will make your garden stand out without the need for extensive vegetation.
• Also, a healthy amount of natural compost and other types of soil amendments can keep your garden healthy and prevent the need for large amounts of water.
Although droughts don’t happen all the time, it’s always best to be prepared. So, even if you’d normally prefer to plant more plants and flowers during the rest of the year, make sure you consider at least some of the above recommendations before the summer comes.
When it comes to drought conditions and your lawn the most effective thing you can do is to use Revive organinc lawn fertilizer to help produce a drought tolerant grass.Article source here: Don’t Let Low Water Usage During Droughts Deter You from Having a Stunning Garden!
via Blogger Don’t Let Low Water Usage During Droughts Deter You from Having a Stunning Garden!
When you live in a warmer region, drought is one of the main concerns you’ll have to plan for. Under these circumstances, choosing the right type of grass for your lawn is not going to be easy.
The typical qualities you’re looking for is slow growing, low-maintenance grass that can not only withstand high temperatures quite well, but also thrive in warm and dry climates. Some of the best choices you can consider in this regard are found below:
• Buffalo grass comes from the Midwest, and requires full sun while responding to a moderate degree to traffic. It tolerates being used in cooler areas, although it mostly prefers warm and dry regions with low rainfall.
• Zoysia grass is ideal for sub-tropical climates and drought conditions. Most species cope well under dry and sunny conditions, and they also respond very well to watering.
• Bermuda grass is quite possibly one of your best choices. Not only does it have excellent traffic tolerance, but it loves to be watered, and it also thrives in sunny areas. It is primarily used in sub-tropical regions, and it’s remarkably low-maintenance.
With these types of grass you can minimize maintenance and make sure your grass doesn’t dry up as quickly. Moreover, you’ll find that the list goes on if you do some additional research, and that St. Augustine grass, fescues and Bahia grass are also excellent choices in warmer regions. make sure to use Revive lawn care products to achieve the best results for a beautiful lawn.Article source here: The Most Practical Grass Seeds You Can Select for Warm and Dry Climates
via Blogger The Most Practical Grass Seeds You Can Select for Warm and Dry Climates
Proper lawn care is the cornerstone of keeping your lawn overall healthy and free of any disease. You can save a lot of money on fungicide, pesticide and other substances by simply eliminating the source of the problem at its root. The practices for proper lawn care and disease prevention are generally quite simple, and you’ll find they won’t require too much special preparation:
• First of all, it’s important to nourish your lawn as often as feasible. Feeding it twice every day – or even more, if your pets and kids tend to use your lawn for play – will ensure that your grass will stay healthy and build up a stronger immunity against most diseases.
• In order to prevent wet grass blades from developing a disease, make sure you water your lawn properly and at the right time. Deep watering will keep the blades dry for the most part, and if you water between 6 AM and 10 AM in the morning, you can also ensure that the grass will have enough time to dry.
• Regular mowing is also essential, if you want to prevent diseases from taking hold. The typical height you should set your lawn mower to is about 3-4 inches, unless otherwise specified.
You can improve the appearance and health of your lawn to an impressive extent by simply using these few lawn care tips. Without harmful diseases, your stress levels and your budget will improve, as you no longer have to deal with costly expenses to get rid of fungi, red thread or rust.
For a great looking lawn, use our liquid organic fertilizer for a plush green lawn your neighbors will envy.Article source here: Useful Disease Prevention Tips to Keep Your Lawn in Excellent Shape
via Blogger Useful Disease Prevention Tips to Keep Your Lawn in Excellent Shape